Tempus De Brunzu

outside-nuraghe-piscu

Spherical pano of the outside of Nuraghe Piscu

Scattered all over the island of Sardinia, one finds some 7000 remains of towers and even castles surrounded by villages that were constructed during the Bronze Age or ‘Tempus De Brunzu’. The ‘Nuraghe de su Piscu’ (‘nurra’ or  heap of stones of the bishop) is one of them, found along the road between the towns of Suelli and Mandas. This Megalithic structure is thought to have been build during the late Bronze Age (1500 – 1200 BC) and consists of a central conical tower with four smaller ones connected by walls and surrounded by a village of huts of which traces are still visible on aerials. Outside Nuraghe Piscu, it is the endemic perennial Magydaris pastinacea that rules these days. Continue reading

Advertisements